Tel : (+33) 1 64 15 33 73
Fax : (+33) 1 64 15 37 41
Teams : Architected Materials and Structures (AMS) & Geotechnics (CERMES)
- Since January 2016 :
CR1 researcher, Navier laboratory, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech (ENPC), IFSTTAR, CNRS
- Since June 2013 :
Assistant Professor, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech (ENPC)
- Since October 2011 :
CR2 researcher, Navier laboratory, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech (ENPC), IFSTTAR, CNRS
- 2010-2011 :
Post-Doctoral research at the Laboratory of Geomaterials (GeoLab), National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
- 2010 :
Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Mechanics, School of Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences, National Technical University of Athens.
Title : « Modeling of structures consisting of Discrete Building Blocks using Distinct Elements and Micromorphic Continua »
Supervisor : Prof. I. Vardoulakis† and Prof. H. G. Georgiadis
- 2006 :
Master Degree in « Applied Mechanics », School of Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences, National Technical University of Athens
- 2004 :
Diploma in Civil Engineering & Master Degree in « Structural Engineering », School of Civil Engineering, National Technical University of Athens
Research axes and applications
- Geomechanics (earthquakes, fault reactivation, reservoir mechanics, THMC couplings)
- Masonry structures, Historical and classical monuments
- Homogenization of heterogeneous structures (microstructure) in the frame of higher order continuum theories (generalized continua, micromorphic)
- Bifurcation theory and strain localization
- Finite and Discrete Element methods (development and application)
- 2016 : Fundamentals of bifurcation theory and stability analysis, ALERT Geomaterials Doctoral school. Lecture notes
- 2015-. : Soil Dynamics, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech (ENPC). Lecture Notes
- 2012-. : Finite Element analysis of structures with "ABAQUS", Ecole des Ponts ParisTech (ENPC). Lecture Notes
- 2012-. : Engineering Mechanics, Teaching assistant, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech (ENPC).
- 2006-2008 : Engineering Mechanics, Teaching assistant, National Technical University of Athens.
- 2008-2009 : Civil Engineer at Parthenon Restoration Technical Office, Committee for the Conservation of Acropolis Monuments, Greek Ministry of Culture.
- 2007-2008 : Construction of Masonry houses.
Google scholar profile
Technical reports :
- Design of PMMA sheets at the Acropolis New Museum for the suspension of broken marble insets from the Parthenon facades, I. Stefanou (2010), in Greek.
- Experimental program for the restoration of the structural members of Parthenon, I. Stefanou and A. Vrouva (2009), in Greek.
- Reinforcement of the facades replicas of the North colonnade of Parthenon, A. Vrouva and I. Stefanou (2008), in Greek.
- Programming of special software for the reinforcement of the structural members of Parthenon, I. Stefanou (2008), AutoCAD plug-in.
Reviewer for :
- Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering
- Computers and Geotechnics
- Construction and Building Materials
- Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics
- Engineering Structures
- European Journal of Mechanics - A/Solids
- Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment
- International Journal of Solids and Structures
- International Journal of Space Structures
- Journal of Geophysical Research : Solid Earth
- Journal of Structural Geology
- Revue Francaise de Géotechnique
- Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering.
- Method and apparatus for measuring heat produced during shearing of granular materials, No. Greece 1008272, Issued August 6, 2014
I. Vardoulakis, Y. Dafalias, I.-O. Georgopoulos, S.-A. Papanicolopulos, M. Veveakis, K. Papanikolopoulos, I. Stefanou, S. Alevizos
- Greek (mother tongue)