Tel : (+33) 1 64 15 37 88
Fax : (+33) 1 64 15 37 41
Room V 011b
- 2012 - now : Researcher at Laboratoire Navier - Ecole des Ponts ParisTech (Champs-sur-Marne, France)
- 2011 - 2012 : Postdoctoral research at Massachusetts institute of Technology (Cambridge, MA)
- Fracture properties of organic rich-shales : role of kerogen
- 2008 - 2011 : PhD at École des Ponts ParisTech (Champs-sur-Marne, France)
- 2006 - 2007 : Master of Science at École des Ponts ParisTech, Dept. of civil engineering (Champs-sur-Marne, France)
- 2003 - 2006 : Undergraduate education at École Polytechnique (Palaiseau, France)
My research is focused on the study of physics and mechanics of materials with emphasis on multiscale approaches involving molecular simulations and related techniques.
- Fracture mechanics
- Molecular simulations
- Applications in CO2 sequestration, oil/gas engineering, cementitious materials.
Articles in peer reviewed journals :
- L. Brochard, G. Hantal, H. Laubie, F. J. Ulm, R. J.-M. Pellenq, Fracture Toughness Calculation by Molecular Simulation : Cases of Silica, Microporous Carbons and their Interface. In preparation
- G. Hantal, L. Brochard, M. N. D. S. Cordeiro, F. J. Ulm, R. J.-M. Pellenq, Chemistry and molecular reconstruction of kerogen-silica interfaces. In preparation
- L. Brochard, R. J.-M. Pellenq, M. Vandamme, T. Fen Chong, Adsorption-induced deformation of microporous materials : coal swelling induced by CO2-CH4 competitive adsorption. Langmuir (2012) 28(5):2659–2670
- L. Brochard, M. Vandamme, R. J.-M. Pellenq, Poromechanics of microporous media. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids (2012) 60(4):606–622
- M. Vandamme, L. Brochard, B. Lecampion, O. Coussy, Adsorption and strain : The CO2-induced swelling of coal. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids (2010) 58:1489-1505
Book chapters :
- Saeid Nikoosokhan, L. Brochard, M. Vandamme,
P. Dangla, R. J.-M. Pellenq, B. Lecampion, T. Fen-Chong, CO2 Storage in Coal Seams : Coupling Surface Adsorption and Strain. In : Geomechanical issues in CO2 storage. Ed : G. Pijaudier-Cabot, J.-M. Pereira. Wiley (2012)
- M. Vandamme, P. Dangla, S. Nikoosokhan, L. Brochard : Modeling the Poromechanical Behavior of Microporous and Mesoporous Solids. Application to Coal. Ed : R. Guyer, A. Kim. Wiley. (2012) In press.
Proceedings of conferences :
- L. Brochard, M. Vandamme, R. J.-M. Pellenq, T. Fen-Chong, Poromechanics of microporous carbons : application to coal swelling during carbon storage. Carbon conference (2012), Krakow (Poland).
- L. Brochard, P. Bonnaud, M. Vandamme, B. Coasne, K. Van Vliet, R.J.-M. Pellenq, From disjoining pressure to nano-poromechanics. Engineering Mechanics Institute (2012), University of Notre Dame (USA)
- S. Nikoosokhan, L. Brochard, M. Vandamme, P. Dangla, R. J.-M. Pellenq, Combining Poromechanics with Molecular and Reservoir Simulations to Model Coal Bed Methane Production. Forth International Conference on Porous Media (2012), Purdue University (USA).
- L. Brochard, M. Vandamme, R. J.-M. Pellenq, T. Fen-Chong, Modeling the differential swelling of coal during ECBM recovery : Poromechanics and CO2-CH4 mixture adsorption. Forth International Conference on Porous Media (2012), Purdue University (USA).
- L. Brochard, M. Vandamme, R. Pellenq, T. Fen-Chong-, Coupling of adsorption and strain in coal (Poster). ALERT Geomaterials workshop (2011), Aussois (France)
- L. Brochard, S. Nikoosokhan, M. Vandamme, P. Dangla, R.J.-M. Pellenq, B. Lecampion, T. Fen-Chong, Adsorption and strain : from the molecule to a coal bed reservoir. Mechanics and Physics of Porous Solids : a tribute to Prof. Olivier Coussy (2011), Champs-sur-Marne (France).
- L. Brochard, M. Vandamme, R. J.-M. Pellenq, T. Fen-Chong, Effect of nanopore adsorption on solid mechanics : case of CO2-induced swelling of coal. Third International Conference on Porous Media (2011), Bordeaux (France)
- M. Vandamme, L. Brochard, Extension of poromechanics to surface effects. Engineering Mechanics Institute (2010), Los Angeles (USA)
- M. Vandamme, L. Brochard, O. Coussy, Adsorption-induced deformation in porous media and application to CO2-injected coal beds. Porous media and its applications in science, engineering, and industry (2010), Montecatini Terme (Italy).
- L. Brochard, M. Vandamme, O. Coussy, R. J. M. Pellenq, Adsorption induced swelling of coal - importance of micropores and extension of usual poromechanics to microporous adsorption. 10th International Conference on Fundamentals of Adsorption (2010), Kobe (Japan).
PhD thesis (in English) :
- Spring 2010-2011 : Statistical physics (recitations), Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
- Fall 2010 : Eco-design (Lessons on creative design and statistics), Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
- Fall 2010 to now : LCA and innovative materials (Lessons on statistics and multi-criteria optimisation), MS Engineering of Electrical Vehicles (ParisTech)
- Fall 2009 : Structure mechanics (recitations), Ecole des Ponts ParisTech